To help people and organizations accomplish more than they ever thought possible by leveraging technology and smart tactics.
I have extensive knowledge and experience across a traditionally dissimilar set of disciplines: technology, business strategy & tactics, leadership, training, and marketing. More importantly: I’ve utilized it to accomplish measurable results.
Technology Specialties: Web and Software Development (various languages), Unix/Linux and Windows System Administration, Relational Databases
May 2012 - May 2015
Clean Power Finance
I.T. Project Manager
- Recruited to lead a 3 year $4MM OSS project commissioned and contracted by the US Department of Energy
- Took project from being 6 months behind to being on-track within first 90 days.
- Completed and launched initial prototype over a period of less than two weeks to positive reviews at the solar industry's largest trade show: Solar Power International in 2012.
- Led or managed both external and internal resources to successfully meet all DOE milestones and project objectives on-time and under budget through completion of the project.
- Advised in smaller projects, contracted with the DOE, in order to keep them within scope so that they could be completed on-time and under budget. Additionally provided training and support to less experienced product managers who were managing these projects in order to increase their retainability and value to the company.
- Recognized by executive team as a stabilizing force by successfully working to maintain morale during multiple organizational restructuring events
- Recipient of the company's "High T.I.D.E" award - a peer nominated award honoring staff members that exemplify the company's core values of trust, innovation, dedication, and empowerment.
- Provided company-wide training that provides insight into the overall business of the company's partners - e.g. common industry business practices, motivations, challenges, and generalized workflow.
- Led product management (design and implementation) of enhancements to enterprise API functionality within the company's flagship product (CPF Tools).
- Educated internal teams on the strategic value of automating workflows with external partners in order to obtain buy-in at all levels of the company
- Provide support to partners in order to reduce adoption costs and increase implementation speed
- Assistance consists of comprehensive on-site, and remote, support including planning, technical recommendations, and troubleshooting
- Efforts resulted in increased API usage by partner companies of 1,300% over the first 6 months
- Led company's interdepartmental emergency response team for software related issues as a representative of the product management group.
- Increased rate of ticket closer by 35% in first 90 days, without utilizing additional resources, by focusing on better planning and prioritization.
- Evaluate and prioritize multiple types of software problems, based on their business impact, to be addressed by a dedicated team. Issues include bugs, design flaws, data issues, and features that were unable to be released as part of their original project due to time or resource constraints.
April 2006 - May 2012
(Acquired by IES end of 2012)
Manager (Marketing, Technical, Sales);
Strategic Planning Manager;
- Developed, implemented, and improved business processes to play a key role in growing a small contracting company, from four employees, to become one of the nation’s largest residential solar power integrators. In my final position, I was directly accountable to corporate executives for both day-to-day and long term planning and execution.
- Successful in a wide variety of roles
- Working knowledge of nearly every aspect of the business. This includes: sales support, lead qualification, marketing, customer service, document preparation, electrical engineering, utility interconnections, building permit applications, project management, scheduling, and purchasing.
- Repurposed methodologies learned from years working in manufacturing (2000-2006) to the day-to-day operations of contracting, which allowed rapid growth while limiting G&A cost.
- Obtained formal training in time management and contracting for public works projects
- Facilitated 300% revenue growth, in 2007, while maintaining strong profit margins.
- In 2008, the company was sold via merger for $5.4MM. My title changed afterword but my responsibilities did not. I continued to find success in all of the three areas where I feel I made the biggest impact in the success of the company - technology, marketing, and training.
- Responsible for design, build, and maintenance of the IT infrastructure and managed a small technology team.
- Provided vital information services at minimal cost with high stability and near zero down-time on low cost hardware.
- Designed and deployed VPN mesh network to unify all corporate networks via encrypted connection over redundant commodity Internet connections - all with free, open-source, software.
- Mastery of a diverse operating system environment, with both physical and virtual machines; running Windows, BSD (unix), Linux, and Mac operating systems. Responsibilities and success consistent with the level of Senior Systems Administrator.
- Planning, design, and custom programming for many successful extranet projects (web based tools and systems). Among them were tools to provide rapid analysis of competitors, fully automated electrical engineering, automated system design, and advanced reporting.
- Provided technical training and support for all levels of the organization with a commitment to simplicity for users and respect for the value of their time.
- Set the standard for marketing at Acro over the course of 2007 and 2008 by reducing cost per lead, and reducing cost per sale.
- Improved performance of marketing campaigns by identifying and targeting key demographics.
- Planning and execution of many successful marketing campaigns.
- In-house graphic design to keep the company’s brand consistent while reducing costs
- Developed and maintained three generations of the company’s web presence. The most successful of which, was implemented and planned personally - utilizing a combination in-house and outsourced labor.
- Managed vendor relationships to ensure consistently "under-market" costs in all areas of marketing collateral.
- As the primary point of support for all sales staff, and an architect of the company’s pricing models, I played a central role in the company’s revenue growth from 2006 through 2012.
- Provide technical training and support for sales staff directly responsible for tens of millions in annual revenue.
- Created the pricing model which provided industry leading margins, a competitive position in the market, and attracted M&A opportunities in 2008.
- Developed and/or maintained various sales tools that automate documentation and analysis, for residential sales.
- Estimated and bid profitable subcontract projects.
2005 - 2006
- Filled many positions as necessary to meet production goals.
- Machine operation and troubleshooting
- Lab Work
2000 - 2005
- Facilitated meetings between management and production employees to analyze performance, identify opportunities for improvement, and plan corrective actions.
- Shift Trainer for new robotic equipment.
- Trained maintenance and production employees on new technology
- Worked directly with vendor to install and troubleshoot - leading to “the most successful new technology roll-out” the company had experienced.
- Innovator of The Year Award 2002
- Active member of safety team.
1999 - 2000
- Started , and built, small business to supplement income from part time employment
- Began learning what is required to run a successful business
- Provided design and print services for small business clients.
Fred C. Beyer High School (1995-1997) - Graduated in less than 3 years.
Modesto Junior College (1999-2000)
References Available Upon Request